    i'm not sure why the code gets compiled to begin with. i have pre-compiled
    it on the development machine.

    any help is greatly appreciated.

    Henok Girma, Apr 16, 2008

  2. Most likely you have same code in default.aspx page and in your .cs file...
    example
    ------default.aspx------
    <script runat=server>
    int Profile = 0;
    </script>

    --------default.cs----------
    class _Default
    {
    int Profile = 0;
    }

    ------------------------
    That would do it since "Profile" defined in aspx page would hide "Profile"
    defined in .cs file

    George.

    George Ter-Saakov, Apr 16, 2008

  3. Same basic idea, but I would assume that this is a Membership Profile object
    and he has a member called Profile. Renaming that member will help.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Subscribe to my blog

    or just read it:
    http://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com/

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Apr 16, 2008
  4. Assume you are using Membership bits?

    If so, you have something public in default.aspx called Profile. Rename this
    member and you should be fine.

    Most likely, you are seeing this in the compiler, but it is a warning. Not
    sure why it is showing as an error on the application side, but you might
    not have everything you need to run AJAX on the server? Just a guess.

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Apr 16, 2008
  5. Henok Girma

    Henok Girma Guest

    Thank you guys, after digging further, i saw that i have warningLevel="4", i
    changed that to 1 and it started working..

    i did a quick search for something called Profile in the source codes of the
    whole project and nothing came up.. but for now it's working by just chaning
    the web.config compiler option..

    Thanks for the help, ultimately you helped me solve it because you mentioned
    that it should not be an error, but rather a warning.

    Henok Girma, Apr 16, 2008