asp.net 2.0 - ajax toolkit not perform using proxy

richard

We have developed a website using ajax toolkit in asp.net 2.0
During web development everything work fine.

When we deploy at live environment, the client is using proxy server. We
found out the ajax screen is not able
load probably and it return error.
We have un check the proxy, the website able run without any error.

May i know what should i need to take consider when using ajax and client
environment is using proxy.

bruce barker

the ajax toolkit uses XmlHttpRequest to access the server to pass form
posts, and gets data back. proxy servers can do all kind of things to
the request and response (strip data, check for headers, popup a form
and ask additional info, etc). some proxies will strip all javascript
and applets from the html.

to know what the proxy is doing, you will need to run a network trace
(see fiddler). if this is not doable, write a debug page, that uses
xmlhttprequest, and log the result/response. (have the server return a
know response string that include "|" and urlencoded strings.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)