ASP.NET 2.0 and EntLib 1.1

Guest

I want to keep using 1.1 on EntLib on ASP.NET 2.0 but have found an issue
with the <enterpriselibrary.configurationSettings in the web.config

In Visual Studio 2005, when running there is a parse error. The message is
something like this:

Error parsing application configuration file at line ?. Type
{http://www.microsoft.com/practices/enterpriselibrary/08-31-2004/configuration}ConfigurationSectionData' is not found in Schema.

I'm not ready to upgrade to 2.0 yet. My WinForms application works fine, so
something peculiar to ASP.NET

The config section is standard and is shown here:

The line it fails on is: <configurationSection
xsi:type="ReadOnlyConfigurationSectionData" name="cachingConfiguration"
encrypt="false" >

Part of the settings here (not all is shown due to size limits on the
message)

<enterpriselibrary.configurationSettings
applicationName="TimemasterWilsonAccess"
xmlns="http://www.microsoft.com/practices/enterpriselibrary/08-31-2004/configuration" >
<configurationSections>
<configurationSection xsi:type="ReadOnlyConfigurationSectionData"
name="cachingConfiguration" encrypt="false" >
<storageProvider xsi:type="XmlFileStorageProviderData" name="XML File
Storage Provider" path="cachingConfiguration.config" />
<dataTransformer xsi:type="XmlSerializerTransformerData" name="Xml
Serializer Transformer" >
<includeTypes />
</dataTransformer>
</configurationSection>

Shimon Sim

Just ignore it. VS doesn't have definitions for this xml so it shows errors.
You may also have problem debugging. If you start debugging VS can tell you
that this settings are invalid. If you have this just start application
without debugging and attach to the asp.net process.
Good Luck
Shimon.

Guest

It wont let me continue. The message box says to correct it before
continuing - stopping me ded in my tracks.

Shimon Sim

If you are talking about debugging you are correct. Just start application
without debugging (Ctrl-F5) and then attach debugger to asp_net process
using Debug > Attach to Process... menu. Then you should be able to debug.
(I do it few times a day).
All the best.
Shimon