ASP.NET 2.0 Automation

sck10

Hello,

What is the best way to go about automating a web page to send email? Is
this something that I need to do with IIS 6?

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi SCK10,

Thank you for posting.

Regarding on the send email automation, do you mean use ASP.NET page's code
to programmatically send email to certain user? If so, you can consider use
the mail component in the .net framework, in 1.1 we can use the
System.Web.Mail namespace's classes. While in .net framework 2.0, there
include a new namespace System.Net.Mail which provide more powerful and
sophisticated email processing functions.

Here is a web site which include may FAQ on the system.net.mail

http://www.systemnetmail.com/

hope this helps.

Regards,

Steven Cheng