asp.net 2.0 beta2 and formview

Guest

I wanted to add three columns up on the form and
run some logic to fill in the third but not sure how to
call the field names in the formview control.

Dim Girth As Integer
Elenght = (Me.FormView1.lengthTextBox.text * 2)

this shows an error of couse, what is the new correct way to
do this using MS formview data control?

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Tdar,

Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup.
As for the FormView control, it is mainly used for binding and displaying
single data record. FormView is providing the similiar functionality as
DetailsView, the difference is that DetailsView provide buildin fields
while FormView let us define custom template for displaying data. Also, if
you want to retrieve any sub control instances you defined in the template,
we can use
FormView.Row.FindControl(controlid)

In addition, here is the ASP.NET 2.0's quickstart tutorial from
beta.asp.net:

http://beta.asp.net/Tutorials/quickstart.aspx

You can find some reference on FromView and other databinding controls
there. Hope also helps.

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security