ASP.NET 2.0 C# WebService Connect to Database: Sql Server 2005

Wendi Turner

ASP.NET 2.0 C# WebService Connect to Database: Sql Server 2005

I have successfully created a webservice in ASP.NET 2.0 C# with VS
2005 & VS 2008, however, i can find nothing - books or otherwise to
help with the webservice connection to the database.

Can anyone please offer help on what to return in the method that
makes a select statement to the database and HOW to connect to the
database?? Do i use DataSets, TableAdapters, drivers???

How??

Lloyd Sheen

Wendi Turner said:
ASP.NET 2.0 C# WebService Connect to Database: Sql Server 2005

I have successfully created a webservice in ASP.NET 2.0 C# with VS
2005 & VS 2008, however, i can find nothing - books or otherwise to
help with the webservice connection to the database.

Can anyone please offer help on what to return in the method that
makes a select statement to the database and HOW to connect to the
database?? Do i use DataSets, TableAdapters, drivers???

How??

One question. Do you have an currently running web site that uses SQL
Server? If you do then you connect the same within the webservice as you do
in the web site.

Depending on what you want to do you can use datasets etc or just execute to
get a datareader or a scalar value.

LS