ASP.NET 2.0 cache invalidation

Vikram

Any link or resource which can describe the internals of whidbey's new cache
invalidation machenism...How internalally it works ?

Thanks

Julie Lerman

If you are referring to the new database cache invalidation provided through
SQL Server 2005 Service Broker check:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnvs05/html/querynotification.asp

and also this excellent blog post written by Sushil Chordia, from the
ADO.NET team which talks about additional internals

http://blogs.msdn.com/dataaccess/archive/2005/09/27/474447.aspx?CommentPosted=true

There is another piece to this which is not tied to SQL Server 2005 which is
the polling mechanism used for SS2000 and SS7 (or SS2005 if you don't use
the "querynotification" parameter).

Bob talks about that in the first of the 2 articles I referenced.

Lastly - Steven Smith does a ton of work on aspnet cache invalidation.
Google him.

Julie Lerman