    Administrator group (just for testing), but no results.

    Any suggestions?

    Regards,

    Queue, Aug 25, 2006

  2. Queue

    MikeS Guest

    Maybe the Network Service account aka the MACHINE$ account will need
    rights to the share set up on whichever server the share is set up.

    MikeS, Aug 26, 2006

  3. Queue

    Queue Guest

    Mike,

    The share resides on the same server as the ASP.NET application, but due to
    configuration purposes I have to use the share. However, the account has
    sufficient rights on both the share and the NTFS file system.

    Regards

    Queue, Aug 26, 2006
  4. Queue

    MikeS Guest

    OK, I see, so for however you have it set up in IIS with IWA or
    anonymous and in web.config with impersonation or not, I assume you are
    getting a path/file access error?

    Whatever System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent.Name
    returns should have change permission on the share and write permission
    on the directory as well as exec on the COM dll.

    That works for me here.

    If it is a file permissions problem, filemon from sysinternals.com will
    show the access denieds.

    MikeS, Aug 27, 2006