ASP.Net 2.0. Cannot view project in IE.

Dan Bass

I'm new to the ASP.Net 2.0 way of doing things (1.1) and just tried to load
up a simple "Hello World" and can't get to "run" the asp.net application.
I get a "The Page cannot be displayed" error when trying to view the page by
running the application from Visual Studio.Net 2005

Having googled this I've not found anything so I'm not sure if my
installation is corrupted something.
I'm running Windows XP SP2 (firewall is off and no other firewall exists,
have Norton installed though)
I'm able to look at the "ASP.Net application configuration" web pages with
no problem.
On running the application, the "ASP.Net development server" appears to load
up correctly with the icon appearing in the system tray.

I've currently got a couple of .Net 1.1 ASP applications that run fine
through IIS, but I suspect this localhost:<port> idea pushes the web page
through the development server application rather than using IIS?

Any ideas as to what the problem may be?
Thanks for your help.

Dan.