ASP.NET 2.0 : compile error : Could not find schema information

John A Grandy

Visual Studio 2005 RC. I create my first ASP.NET 2.0 Web Site at
c:\code\my-app , and when I attempt to compile I receive about 30 errors
related to the compiler not being able to find schema information :

Message 1 Could not find schema information for the element
'http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0:configuration'.
C:\code\my-app\Web.Config 10 2 C:\...\my-app\

Message 2 Could not find schema information for the element
'http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0:appSettings'.
C:\code\my-app\Web.Config 11 3 C:\...\my-app\

Message 3 Could not find schema information for the element
'http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0:add'.
C:\code\my-app\Web.Config 12 4 C:\...\my-app\

ctmorse

John,

I noticed the same thing. If you try to load that schema in your
browser you will see that it doesn't exist. My guess is that Microsoft
has not posted it yet.

Also, I noticed that it is the Web Site Management Tool that inserts
this attribute in to the web.config file. It doesn't seem to be
required and removing it will get rid of all those errors.

HTH,
Chris