asp.net 2.0 connectoin string (hopefully last question)

Darrel

In a long series of trouble trying to migrate to 2.0, I'm pretty close to
getting it working. My connection string isn't liked by my query function,
though.

This is what I have:

<connectionStrings>
<add name="DBConn" connectionString="provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Data Source=[my
server's domain name];Initial Catalog=[my db name];uid=[user id];pwd=[owd]"
/>
</connectionStrings>

(Anything in brackets I replaced for this example just so I wasn't
broadcasting my actual DB login to the world.)

The error is:

Cannot open database requested in login my '[my db name]'. Login fails.
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server

I've tripled check my username/password, and made sure that user has
permission on the table I'm trying to access. Could it be my connection
string is bad? Something depracated from .net 1.1?

-Darrel

dotnetjose

Here are some options on what it could potentially be:

1. Make sure that your username / login is attached to the
database/catalog and make sure that the user has the valid permissions,
if you want to make 100% sure that this is the issue, give the user the
dbowner role. if that works, go back and give the user the appropiate
roles/permissions.

2. Another option could be that your database is not setup to use SQL
server authentication? Just look up the instance's properties and
change the security option to allow SQL Server logins.

3. You database server's name could require a different name... if your
server's name is "MYSQLSERVER", you may need to use ".\MYSQLSERVER"
with the ".\" included.

I hope atleast one of those suggestions helps out... Sorry if I didn't
help.

Pz

Jose