ASP.NET 2.0 Databind To Textbox

Guest

I'm in the process of learning ASP.NET 2.0 so that I can convert all our
applications from 1.1 to 2.0.

I've read everything I can find on two-way databinding.

If I have a web form with 5 textboxes on it, but for the life of me, I can't
get the SQLDataSource to associate with these 5 textboxes so that I can use
the new and improved two-way databinding with them.

The form is just your standard real simple, table with two columns, one for
the field tag and the other column has the textboxes. One Submit button at
the bottom.

This is the pattern if you will of every web page we currently have. I
wrote my own two-way databinder in .Net 1.1 and it works great. I'm just
trying to understand where Microsoft is going, since most web pages follow
the above example.

I've seen the FormView and DetailsView controls. Do I really have to
convert or use the FormView control on all my pages in order to get two-way
databinding on my web pages that do not use grids?

Thank you so very much for any assistance and understanding.

Karl