ASP.Net 2.0 & Easyspace

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by david@datoon.co.uk, Dec 4, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I have recently been trying to develop a website using ASP.Net 2.0 and
    then deploying the application on Easyspace. I use the publish website
    option within Visual Studio 2005, this works fine, with all the files
    and configuration data downloaded to the ftp site on Easyspace.
    However, whenever I try to actually navigate to one of the web pages I
    get the following error:
    Server Error in '/' Application. etc etc... Turn on custom errors
    etc...

    However, I know for a fact that my web.config file contains the
    following configuration information:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    <compilation debug="true"/>
    <authorization>
    <allow users="*"/>
    </authorization>
    <authentication mode="None"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

    I have checked the web.config file that is uploaded to easyspace and
    they are both the same.
    I have also checked to make sure that Easyspace do actually offer .Net
    2.0 support - something that is meant to be standard within the next
    month or so!?

    Any other ideas that I could try?

    , Dec 4, 2006

  2. re:
    > Server Error in '/' Application. etc etc... Turn on custom errors etc...
    > I know for a fact that my web.config file contains the
    > following configuration information:

    <customErrors mode="Off"/>

    Try setting that to :

    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"/>
    or
    <customErrors mode="On"/>

    Either of those settings will give you a more meaningful error message.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, Dec 4, 2006

    Each time I try to set the web.config file to any other value I still
    get the same message, I've tried numerous different web.config files...