ASP.Net 2.0 & Easyspace

david

I have recently been trying to develop a website using ASP.Net 2.0 and
then deploying the application on Easyspace. I use the publish website
option within Visual Studio 2005, this works fine, with all the files
and configuration data downloaded to the ftp site on Easyspace.
However, whenever I try to actually navigate to one of the web pages I
get the following error:
Server Error in '/' Application. etc etc... Turn on custom errors
etc...

However, I know for a fact that my web.config file contains the
following configuration information:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
<compilation debug="true"/>
<authorization>
<allow users="*"/>
</authorization>
<authentication mode="None"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

I have checked the web.config file that is uploaded to easyspace and
they are both the same.
I have also checked to make sure that Easyspace do actually offer .Net
2.0 support - something that is meant to be standard within the next
month or so!?

Any other ideas that I could try?

Juan T. Llibre

re:
Server Error in '/' Application. etc etc... Turn on custom errors etc...
I know for a fact that my web.config file contains the
following configuration information:

<customErrors mode="Off"/>

Try setting that to :

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"/>
or
<customErrors mode="On"/>

Either of those settings will give you a more meaningful error message.

david

Each time I try to set the web.config file to any other value I still
get the same message, I've tried numerous different web.config files...