ASP.NET 2.0 file upload with progress dialog

Bob

Is it possible to show an upload progress dialog using the standard file
upload methods provided in ASP.NET 2.0? Can batch upload be done? What's
the maximum filesize that can be uploaded at one time?

Wouter van Vugt

Hi Bob,

your answers are no, no and it is configurable.
No you can't do batch upload, use multiple FileUpload controls. You
can't show a progress dialog by default, you'll need to implement such
a thing yourself (hard to do I think, maybe use embedded windows forms
or something). In the web.config you can specify how large a request
can be. ( I don't now the exact key by heart, sorry)

Grtz, Wouter
Trainer - Info Support
www.dive-in-it.nl

Jacky Kwok

Bob said:
Is it possible to show an upload progress dialog using the standard file
upload methods provided in ASP.NET 2.0?
http://www.brettle.com/neatupload

support ASPNET1.x and ASPNET2.0

Can batch upload be done?
Standard HTML/HTTP does not support.
You can put multiple "file upload" in a page, but you need to select
files multiple times.

What's the maximum filesize that can be uploaded at one time?

In standard ASPNET, defined by
"<httpRuntime maxRequestLength=".." /> in "Web.Config".

If you use "neatupload", it has its own definition.