ASP.NET 2.0 Front Controller

garethdjames

A while ago I read news about ASP.Net 2.0 having support for the Front
Controller model,

In all the reports I have read and in the latest beta download I can
see no implicit support for this model

Does anyone have any ideas?

garethdjames

Ive seen this article before, it is quite good and does explain the
front controller patter quite well, but it has been around since
ASP.Net 1.0

I'm looking for any updates that use features in ASP.Net 2.0 to help
with the Front Controller pattern,

on a side note the problem that I can see with Front Controller (not
really a problem) is that action classes do not have the ability to use
the object model of the view (aspx) that the user posted from, to use
full aspx object model requires post back to the code behind page,

HTTP module are further up the controller stack and therefore would not
have access to the object model of the view

Brock Allen

on a side note the problem that I can see with Front Controller (not
really a problem) is that action classes do not have the ability to
use the object model of the view (aspx) that the user posted from, to
use full aspx object model requires post back to the code behind page,

Why can't they access HttpContext.Current.Request, HttpContext.Current.Response,
or HttpContext.Current.Handler?

Aquila Deus

Ive seen this article before, it is quite good and does explain the
front controller patter quite well, but it has been around since
ASP.Net 1.0

I'm looking for any updates that use features in ASP.Net 2.0 to help
with the Front Controller pattern,

As I know there isn't any update about this.
on a side note the problem that I can see with Front Controller (not
really a problem) is that action classes do not have the ability to use
the object model of the view (aspx) that the user posted from, to use
full aspx object model requires post back to the code behind page,

HTTP module are further up the controller stack and therefore would not
have access to the object model of the view

The problem could be solved if you call GetCompiledPageInstance &
ProcessRequest on the view pages instead of transfering the current
request to them.