ASP.NET 2.0 Get stock quotes

Phillip Vong

I'm new at this.

Anybody know where I can find out how to pull stock quotes from the Nasdaq
site into my ASP site? I want my users to enter a ticker in one Textbox1
ex. MSFT and another Textbox2 will grab the current price and drop it in
there. I found something in C+, but I know nothing about C+ and not much on
VB.

I'm just trying to learn.

Thanks!

Guest

You could use the free web service found on xmethods.
The WSDL location is :
http://services.xmethods.net/soap/urn:xmethods-delayed-quotes.wsdl

You'll need to create a web reference in your project (assuming your using
VS, Express) from that address and then do something like

Dim myQuote as String
Dim wsSharePrice As New
net.xmethods.services.netxmethodsservicesstockquoteStockQuoteService

myQuote = wsSharePrice.getQuote(" Stock Exchange Quote Symbol ")

Stock Exchange Quote Symbol = for example, Vodafone Group, London price =
"VOD.L"

Phillip Vong

Thanks for the update. I'm sorta new at this. I'm using VS 2005, which is
basically VW Express. Can you give me a quick example on how to create "web
reference" to this? I noticed this is an XML link and I'm not sure what to
do.

Thanks for helping a newbie out.