    Help would be appreciated.

    --
    randy
    =?Utf-8?B?cmFuZHkgY29sbGlucw==?=, Apr 15, 2005

  2. You might need to repair your IIS mappings.
    You can use the instructions listed here:
    http://SteveOrr.net/faq/3in1.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Apr 15, 2005

  3. Re: ASP.NET 2.0: "hello world" page fails with "Failed to map the

    Thanks for your reply, Steve. I gave ASPNET_REGIIS.EXE -i a try, as you
    suggested, but it did not change the outcome.

    =?Utf-8?B?cmFuZHkgY29sbGlucw==?=, Apr 15, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?cmFuZHkgY29sbGlucw==?=

    Matt Berther Guest

    Hello randy,

    I think this is because wwwroot is not a vroot. ASP.NET apps need to have
    a vroot.

    --
    Matt Berther
    http://www.mattberther.com

    Matt Berther, Apr 15, 2005
  5. Re: ASP.NET 2.0: "hello world" page fails with "Failed to map the

    Thanks for your reply, Matt, however, I get this same error regardless of
    whether I put the aspx page in a virtual directory or in the root of the
    website. I can access asp pages from either of these. I reinstalled visual
    studio 2005 a second time and reran the asp.net registration, too, to no
    avail.

    =?Utf-8?B?cmFuZHkgY29sbGlucw==?=, Apr 15, 2005
  6. Re: ASP.NET 2.0: "hello world" page fails with "Failed to map the

    I'm getting this error as well. Has anyone been able to resolve it?

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljaA==?=, Jul 13, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?cmFuZHkgY29sbGlucw==?=

    eagle1140

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Am also getting the same error. do any one have any idea reagrding the same.
    Will appreciate any reply.
    eagle1140, Apr 13, 2011