ASP.NET 2.0: "hello world" page fails with "Failed to map the path

Guest

I've installed Visual Studio 2005 Beta from the MSDN cd dated Aug 2004, which
installs the 2.0 framework and ASP.NET 2.0. I write a simple aspx page
containing <HTML><BODY>Hello world</BODY></HTML> and place it in
inetpub\wwwroot. I run the page http://localhost/test.aspx and it fails with
"Server Error in '/' Application." "Failed to map the path '/test.aspx'. " I
can successfully run asp and htm pages from that same location, however.

Help would be appreciated.

Guest

Thanks for your reply, Steve. I gave ASPNET_REGIIS.EXE -i a try, as you
suggested, but it did not change the outcome.

Matt Berther

Hello randy,

I think this is because wwwroot is not a vroot. ASP.NET apps need to have
a vroot.

Guest

Thanks for your reply, Matt, however, I get this same error regardless of
whether I put the aspx page in a virtual directory or in the root of the
website. I can access asp pages from either of these. I reinstalled visual
studio 2005 a second time and reran the asp.net registration, too, to no
avail.

Joined
Apr 13, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Am also getting the same error. do any one have any idea reagrding the same.
Will appreciate any reply.