ASP.Net 2.0 + HttpHandler + PreCompilation

Guest

Hi you all,

I'm facing a litle problem with a custom httpHandler for ASP.Net. The
application will be precompiled for deployment, so I won't have any .aspx
files which contain code or anything else. BUT the user can/may create such
files (dynamically - filebased CMS), which should be executed then.

So, my question is: Can I get a Page-Instance without using PageParser?
Obviously I could use it, but I want to check @ runtime if the page, which
should be executed, is precompiled or is still present as .aspx file.

Thanks in advance.
Patrick

Brock Allen

With a precompiled site without the updateable option, PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstance
does not work. It looks like you'd have to make your own VirtualPathProvider
to get past the problem I just saw. I'll investigate more.

Just so I'm clear, you want to precompile a site but still allow arbitraty
ASPX pages to be added after deployment? So your mention of the HttpHandler
fits in where? Are you building your own IHttpHandlerFactory, is that it?
Or are you simply refering to the fact that the pages you'd get via PageParser
are HttpHandlers?

In any event, PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstance does work if you've enabled
the updatable option when you precompile, but just between you and me this
option seems a little silly, since it defeats to purpose of precompiling.