    works fine. Any ideas?

    Thanks,

    washoetech

    washoetech, Sep 30, 2005

  2. washoetech

    Pavan Guest

    Hi,

    Try to find the file named app_offline.html in your virtual directory.

    If it exists, delete the file, this may cause the error message you got

    Cheers,

    Pavan

    Pavan, Sep 30, 2005

  3. washoetech

    washoetech Guest

    There is no file like the one that you are talking about. I am running this
    on my own Windows 2003 Server. I created the virtual web site in IIS 6.

    washoetech, Sep 30, 2005
  4. Hi washoetech,

    For the problem you mentioned, do you mean that you can correctly open the
    IIS asp.net site in VS.NET IDE and debug or lanch the page, but can not
    view them outside the VS.NET ide directly through IE browser?

    If so, this is a bit strange. I think you can try putting a simple
    helloword.aspx page which use some asp.net 2.0 classes under the default
    site's root (make sure the default site has been configured to use ASP.NET
    2.0). Then, try visiting the hello page through IE browser to see whether
    you can get it running correclty.

    If still get problem, there must have been some problems with the asp.net
    2.0 's registering in the IIS server. Also you can try checking the IIS 's
    log files and Application event logs to see whether you can get any clues
    from there.

    If there're any other findings, please feel free to post here also.

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    --------------------

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Sep 30, 2005
  5. washoetech

    Chris Botha Guest

    When you create a new Web Site, in the Location drop down select HTTP. If
    you selected File System it will work when debugging and a you will notice a
    yellow icon in the system tray that enables it to work when debugging.

    Chris Botha, Sep 30, 2005
  6. Hi Washoetech,

    How are you doing on this issue and does the suggestions in my last reply
    helps a little? If there're anything else we can help, please feel free to
    post here. Thanks,

    | |
    | |
    | |