asp.net 2.0 in Win2k crossing domains.

Pierre

Hello.

I've created a web app in asp.net 2.0 to be able to copy files accross
DOMAINS. Server A, the source server is in Domain 1 and Server B the
destination server is in Domain 2. An ipsec tunnel was tested via a drived
mapped on Server A to Server B. Mapping the drive on server A prompted me
for a user id and password which I provided and all works as expected.
However, things are not that simple in ASP.net 2.0 I have set up
impersonation in web.config to use a domain account defined in DOmain 1 and
can access the resources off Server A. Not sure how how to proceed to
programmatically connect to Server B in Domain B on win2k server using NTLM.
Any ideas are appreciated.

Joe Kaplan

If you are impersonating, you will need to enable Kerberos delegation and
get Kerberos auth working via IIS. This topic is covered frequently and is
also well documented by various TechNet articles you can find with a simple
search.

Joe K.

Pierre

Since the IIS5 is running on Server A in Domain 1 perhaps creating a virtual
directory on Server A would do the trick?