ASP.NET 2.0 Intrinsic Treeview control errors on a specific machine

AndrewF

Hi everyone.

Hopefully someone can help who has had this problem.

It relates to the *intrinsic* ASP.NET treeview control which is now
included in ASP.NET 2.0 not the IE Web Control that one had to use in
..net 1.0 and 1.1...

I have a site up and running absolutely fine and am trying to replicate
it onto my work station so I can take it on the road with me. We have a
dev server which is Win XP Pro .NET 2.0, we have a production server
which is Win 2003 Server .Net 2.0 and my work station is Win XP Pro and
IIS has been configured to use .net 2.0

Now for some reason the treeview control is working fine on the dev and
production servers but transferred to my workstation I get this weird
effect where it loads in all the node information including the folder
and page images but what I *don't* get is the little + and - expand and
collapse icons. I'm also getting a javascript "Object not found" error
too. The + and - images just aren't there and have not found images in
place of them.

I've been pulling my hair out over this for several hours and I can't
find a similar error online - I've replicated all the server settings
etc but I can't for the life of me find what the problem is.

If it makes any difference - from my workstation I can see the dev and
production servers absolutely fine and from both the others trying to
access my workstation I see the same error - no images and a javascript
error.

Even defaulting back down to a really basic:

<form runat="server">
<asp:TreeView ID="TreeView1" Runat="server">
<Nodes>
<asp:TreeNode Value="Parent1" Expanded="True" Text="1">
<asp:TreeNode Value="Child1A" Text="A" />
<asp:TreeNode Value="Child1B" Text="B" />
</asp:TreeNode>
<asp:TreeNode Value="Parent2" Text="2">
</asp:TreeNode>
<asp:TreeNode Value="Parent3" Expanded="True" Text="3">
<asp:TreeNode Value="Child3A" Text="A">
</asp:TreeNode>
</asp:TreeNode>
</Nodes>
</asp:TreeView>
</form>

Style page creates the same problem.

So it is definitely something to do with my config.

If anyone has any ideas I would be greatly appreciated as I can't use
this as a demo version until I've got this sorted.

Kindest Regards
Andrew

rene

Hi Andrew,
your problem is that you seem to have no access to the WebResource.axd
file. Thats where ASP.NET 2.0 loads all its resources from, both images
and javascript code. If you look at the source of the generated html
search for WebResource.axd and try to copy the path to the address bar
in your browser. Maybe you have to manually replace &amp; with & to
make it work. Then you can test, why the Resource cannot be loaded.
Maybe the DotNet Framework is not activated for all kinds of file
extensions in IIS or something like that.
I hope that helps
Good luck
René