ASP.NET 2.0 learn curve !

abcd

I am ASP programmer and did little bit programming in ASP.NET 1.1. Now I
want to move ASP.NET 2.0. Whats the quick, systematic way to learn ASP.NET
2.0 in less amount of time.

Thanks

HK

Find a book that clearly explains the differences between 1.1 and 2.0 --
such as Master Pages, and code publishing.

But this learning curve should be fairly easy if you were comfortable with
1.1. The change from ASP to ASP.NET was much much more substantial.

You have to dive in, but get some book to explain the differences.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Juan T. Llibre

The .NET Framework 2.0 SDK is a good place to start :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...99-b7b4-4f47-a244-c96d69c35dec&displaylang=en

That will install a zillion 2.0 samples in your computer.

If you want to preview them online, se :
http://asp.net/quickstart/aspnet/Default.aspx

If you want to develop 2.0 Web Services, see :
http://www.asp.net/QuickStart/webservices/

The Visual Studio 2005 Starter Kits have a lot of examples :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/downloads/starterkits/

For .Net Framework 2.0 references, it's hard to beat the ClassBrowser :
http://www.asp.net/QuickStart/util/classbrowser.aspx

Kevin Spencer

I just want to add that if you're coming from an ASP background, you should
be aware that there is *no* "quick" way to learn ASP.Net. It is an order of
magnitude more powerful, and an order of magnitude more difficult to learn.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
Professional Numbskull

Show me your certification without works,
and I'll show my certification
*by* my works.

Jon Paal

There is none.

It's a long, slow, trudge up a steep hill with lots of teeth nashing and hair pulling and months/years of time investment.

Welcome to happy land of .Net :))

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Don't scare him off! Sure, in some ways more power means more complexity,
but you must balance that with all the things that are so much easier now.
Overall I feel like ASP.NET 2.0 is easier, not more difficult. But, yes,
there is a learning curve. You have to unlearn the old hard ways of doing
things and learn how to do it all the easier ways now in ASP.NET 2.