    want to move ASP.NET 2.0. Whats the quick, systematic way to learn ASP.NET
    2.0 in less amount of time.

    Thanks

    abcd, Mar 30, 2006

  2. re:
    > Whats the quick, systematic way to learn ASP.NET 2.0 in less amount of time.

    Start coding with it.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Mar 30, 2006

  3. I premise Dino Esposito is a friend and a colleague, but is also a
    recognized member of developers community and an MSDN contributor, so I can
    easily suggest his "Programming Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0 Core Reference"
    (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07...002-0070822-0733676?s=books&v=glance&n=283155)
    and his following book, "Programming ASP.NET 2.0 Applications--Advanced
    Topics".

    Paolo De Nictolis, Eng. - 441410

    Paolo De Nictolis, Eng. [441410], Mar 30, 2006
  4. abcd

    HK Guest

    Find a book that clearly explains the differences between 1.1 and 2.0 --
    such as Master Pages, and code publishing.

    But this learning curve should be fairly easy if you were comfortable with
    1.1. The change from ASP to ASP.NET was much much more substantial.

    You have to dive in, but get some book to explain the differences.

    HK, Mar 30, 2006
  5. abcd

    abcd Guest

    Any samples anywhere?

    Thanks

    abcd, Mar 30, 2006
  6. Here are some articles about many of the new ASP.NET 2.0 features:
    http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ASP2Controls.aspx
    http://SteveOrr.net/articles/SecureYourSite.aspx
    http://SteveOrr.net/articles/SiteMaps.aspx
    http://SteveOrr.net/articles/Ajax.aspx

    and the web is filled with more info if you search for it.

    Also, here's a good book on ASP.NET 2.0 if you want to go in depth:
    ASP.NET 2.0 Cookbook
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...14573&adid=0ESKWMB34CQY9QHMM2DA&link_code=as1

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Mar 30, 2006
  7. The .NET Framework 2.0 SDK is a good place to start :
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...99-b7b4-4f47-a244-c96d69c35dec&displaylang=en

    That will install a zillion 2.0 samples in your computer.

    If you want to preview them online, se :
    http://asp.net/quickstart/aspnet/Default.aspx

    If you want to develop 2.0 Web Services, see :
    http://www.asp.net/QuickStart/webservices/

    The Visual Studio 2005 Starter Kits have a lot of examples :
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/downloads/starterkits/

    For .Net Framework 2.0 references, it's hard to beat the ClassBrowser :
    http://www.asp.net/QuickStart/util/classbrowser.aspx

    Juan T. Llibre, Mar 30, 2006
  8. abcd

    bill Guest

    I learned a lot from the walkthroughs in the Visual Studio documentation.

    bill, Mar 30, 2006
  9. abcd

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Juan T. Llibre" <> wrote in message
    > re:
    >> Whats the quick, systematic way to learn ASP.NET 2.0 in less amount of
    >> time.

    > Start coding with it.

    I couldn't agree more!

    Mark Rae, Mar 30, 2006
  10. I just want to add that if you're coming from an ASP background, you should
    be aware that there is *no* "quick" way to learn ASP.Net. It is an order of
    magnitude more powerful, and an order of magnitude more difficult to learn.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    Professional Numbskull

    Show me your certification without works,
    and I'll show my certification
    *by* my works.

    Kevin Spencer, Mar 31, 2006
  11. abcd

    Jon Paal Guest

    There is none.

    It's a long, slow, trudge up a steep hill with lots of teeth nashing and hair pulling and months/years of time investment.

    Welcome to happy land of .Net :))

    Jon Paal, Mar 31, 2006
  12. Don't scare him off! Sure, in some ways more power means more complexity,
    but you must balance that with all the things that are so much easier now.
    Overall I feel like ASP.NET 2.0 is easier, not more difficult. But, yes,
    there is a learning curve. You have to unlearn the old hard ways of doing
    things and learn how to do it all the easier ways now in ASP.NET 2.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Mar 31, 2006