ASP.NET 2.0 (learning)

Griff

Hi

We have an existing eCommerce system written in CLASSIC ASP site that has
relatively high load (3/4 million registered users type of size).

Because we are re-writing the back-end system, we've got to re-write this
eCommerce system and we're looking at doing it in ASP.NET 2.0.

What I need is a book (or equivalent) that is a great tutorial covering
master pages, themes, and all the other bits of ASP 2.0 that I'm currently
unaware of. I'm not interested in learning about techniques that don't
scale as this would waste my time.

Could someone give me some suggestion please?

Many thanks

Griff

PS - VB.NET would be preferred over C# examples (I've a VB6 background)

Griff

Forgot to mention:

I'd like to use the MVC model (or recommended equivalent) and learn about
Microsoft's Application Blocks (are they useful in a scalable system?)

Thanks again

Griff