ASP.NET 2.0 (learning)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Griff, Jan 20, 2006.

  1. Griff

    Griff Guest

    Hi

    We have an existing eCommerce system written in CLASSIC ASP site that has
    relatively high load (3/4 million registered users type of size).

    Because we are re-writing the back-end system, we've got to re-write this
    eCommerce system and we're looking at doing it in ASP.NET 2.0.

    What I need is a book (or equivalent) that is a great tutorial covering
    master pages, themes, and all the other bits of ASP 2.0 that I'm currently
    unaware of. I'm not interested in learning about techniques that don't
    scale as this would waste my time.

    Could someone give me some suggestion please?

    Many thanks

    Griff

    PS - VB.NET would be preferred over C# examples (I've a VB6 background)

    Griff, Jan 20, 2006

  2. Griff

    Griff Guest

    Forgot to mention:

    I'd like to use the MVC model (or recommended equivalent) and learn about
    Microsoft's Application Blocks (are they useful in a scalable system?)

    Thanks again

    Griff

    Griff, Jan 20, 2006

  3. The Microsoft .Net SDK is the most comprehensive (and free) resource
    available. I use it every day.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/downloads/updates/default.aspx

    --
    HTH,