ASP.NET 2.0 Login Control not working on Apple Mac OS X Version 10

Atul Chaturvedi

If we use ASP.NET 2.0 Login Control, we are unable to click on Login and
Reset Buttons on Safari running on Apple Mac OS X Version 10.3.2 .
How can i resolve the problem.

Anthony Jones

Atul Chaturvedi said:
If we use ASP.NET 2.0 Login Control, we are unable to click on Login and
Reset Buttons on Safari running on Apple Mac OS X Version 10.3.2 .
How can i resolve the problem.

Wait for it... Wait for it.... ;P

Anthony Jones

Mike Brind said:
Wait for what?

This:-

Mike (This newsgroup is for classic asp. Dotnet is a different
technology. Try posting your question in
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet) Brind

Although I was expecting Bob to beat you to it.

:)

Slim

Dave Anderson said:
It's a web browser.

Better than IE6.

dont beieve it,

they said that about Netscape. Konquer
Netscape 6 and 7 and Fire fox,

But IE still leads the market

Stefan Berglund

in said:
dont beieve it,

they said that about Netscape. Konquer
Netscape 6 and 7 and Fire fox,

But IE still leads the market

Maybe in saturation but certainly not when you consider other factors
such as standards compliance, security, and footprint.

Dave Anderson

Slim said:
dont beieve it,

they said that about Netscape. Konquer
Netscape 6 and 7 and Fire fox,

But IE still leads the market

A lot of people eat at McDonald's, too. What's your point?

Mike Brind

Slim said:
dont beieve it,

they said that about Netscape. Konquer
Netscape 6 and 7 and Fire fox,

But IE still leads the market

The only thing worse than IE6 is IE5.

Anthony Jones

Tim Slattery said:
Because of inertia. Firefox is better.

Firefox is better in the same way that a screwdriver is better than a
hammer. It all depends on what you want to do.

Firefox is making progress simply because it isn't IE.

How many general websites has anyone here visited that screws up because the
developer the other end hadn't taken IE into account? Compare that with the
number of websites that don't quite work right in firefox because the
developer assumed IE.

From the consumers point of view Firefox is only better then IE because it
is cool to use Firefox. If you want to make sure you can get things done IE
is a better choice.

Now what about the massive intranet use of web technologies (IMO an absolute
catastrophe for the UI that has held us back for an entire decade). Which
browser do you choose for the desktop?

I would like to choose Firefox cos it's cool but IE allows considerably
greater flexibility in UI design, has IMO a better event model, gives a
larger (ableit non-standard) set of methods and properties on the DOM and
(not to be underestimated) has good documentation. Firefox documentation is
still very embryonic and that for me is a major flaw. (Just try going the
the Mozilla or firefox home page and navigating to the DOM documentation)

I like where Firefox is going but it isn't quite there yet and I'm afraid
but the time it gets there IE 7 will steal it's thunder and I suspect won't
play ball with the standards we'd all like to.

In what scenario's is Firefox better than IE? I'm sure there must be some.

I've seen this before ... hmm... oh yes OS/2 was better than Windows 3.1 ;)
now where did I leave my zimmer frame?

Anthony.

Stefan Berglund

On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 21:40:29 +0100, "Anthony Jones"
in said:
How many general websites has anyone here visited that screws up because the
developer the other end hadn't taken IE into account? Compare that with the
number of websites that don't quite work right in firefox because the
developer assumed IE.

Don't know and don't care because I don't consider IE a factor any
longer. If you do then that would be you choice as it is mine. My site
is averaging 1-1.5 million pages served/month and I no longer concern
myself with the standards ignornant IE. I could care less and so could
my clients.
From the consumers point of view Firefox is only better then IE because it
is cool to use Firefox. If you want to make sure you can get things done IE
is a better choice.

Ha ha ha. How naive you seem to be for a professional!
Now what about the massive intranet use of web technologies (IMO an absolute
catastrophe for the UI that has held us back for an entire decade). Which
browser do you choose for the desktop?

Anything but a browser that ignores standards. And eventually I'll
convince the world before m$ will. :)
I would like to choose Firefox cos it's cool but IE allows considerably
greater flexibility in UI design, has IMO a better event model, gives a
larger (ableit non-standard) set of methods and properties on the DOM and
(not to be underestimated) has good documentation. Firefox documentation is
still very embryonic and that for me is a major flaw. (Just try going the
the Mozilla or firefox home page and navigating to the DOM documentation)

I like where Firefox is going but it isn't quite there yet and I'm afraid
but the time it gets there IE 7 will steal it's thunder and I suspect won't
play ball with the standards we'd all like to.

Not likely! Not here. Maybe for all your naive idiots but never for
sophisticated users.
In what scenario's is Firefox better than IE? I'm sure there must be some.

I can't think of a single reason for using that antiquated piece of
c**p. Please!
I've seen this before ... hmm... oh yes OS/2 was better than Windows 3.1 ;)
now where did I leave my zimmer frame?

And this argument has what to do with standards compliance?

So sorry.

Bob Lehmann

A lot of people eat at McDonald's, too. What's your point?

I think he's trying to say that IE makes you fat, and smell bad. :>)

Bob Lehmann

Slim

Stefan Berglund said:
On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 21:40:29 +0100, "Anthony Jones"

When IE came on the market, Netscape had a monology, and web sites were
designed to be viewed on Netscape, still IE was able to overcome all this
and become the market leader.

there will always be a small group of people that wont us it for ideological
reasons

Anthony Jones

Stefan Berglund said:
On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 21:40:29 +0100, "Anthony Jones"

Don't know and don't care because I don't consider IE a factor any
longer. If you do then that would be you choice as it is mine. My site
is averaging 1-1.5 million pages served/month and I no longer concern
myself with the standards ignornant IE. I could care less and so could
my clients.

Excellent! I'm really pleased for you and your clients. I honestly wish
the rest of the world will follow your and their example.

Ha ha ha. How naive you seem to be for a professional!

Care to elaborate. This is after all a place for the naive to come and
learn. So please edify me? I what way is this naive?
Anything but a browser that ignores standards. And eventually I'll
convince the world before m$ will. :)

Uh, good luck with that. Quite a task to take on by yourself.
Not likely! Not here. Maybe for all your naive idiots but never for
sophisticated users.

What's not likely?

What's the definition of a 'sophistiicated' user?
some.

I can't think of a single reason for using that antiquated piece of
c**p. Please!

And this argument has what to do with standards compliance?

It's relevant because back then there were similar conversations that went
along the lines of:-

A: In what scenario's is Windows better than OS/2? I'm sure there must be
some

S: can't think of a single reason for using that antiquated piece of c**p.
Please!

Anthony Jones

Bob Lehmann said:
Wow! What a steaming pile of doo that response that was!

Bob Lehmann

Oh really?? Got any specific comments of your own or are you just jumping
on Stefan's bandwagon?

Bob Lehmann

I thought my comment *was* specific.

Since everything you had to say was pretty much just pulled out of your ass,
I believe all the bases are covered.

Unless, of course, you can to point us to the source of all your insight.

Like this gem -it is cool to use Firefox.

Or this -
Bob Lehmann

Anthony Jones

Bob Lehmann said:
I thought my comment *was* specific.

Since everything you had to say was pretty much just pulled out of your ass,
I believe all the bases are covered.

Unless, of course, you can to point us to the source of all your insight.

Perhaps you are right, my opinion may be just the foolish ramblings of
grumpy old man.
Like this gem -
it is cool to use Firefox.

I see your point, that is a quite cynical. Dave points to good reason why
the consumer might switch to Firefox. That said do you think Firefox is
just cooler than IE? Why do many people who say the prefer a Mac end up
buying a PC?
Or this -

Yep that isn't really true as is either. However, implementing drag and
drop for example is more difficult in Firefox than in IE.

I guess much of my frustration stems from the difficulty in discovering what
FF can do.

IMO (I know that doesn't seem to count for much) a tool is only as good as
it's documentation.

FF needs a single point of documentation that matches this from MSDN in
terms navigability, level of detail and examples:-