    I have a scenario where we don't want this to happen, so how do I disable
    the automatic lockout of users ?

    Thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?SmFhbnM=?=, Apr 9, 2006

  2. Don't see any obvious way to disable it. Maybe you could set
    passwordAttemptWindow="0"?
    Chris Fulstow, Apr 9, 2006

  3. Hi Jaans,

    I agree with Chris that the default SqlMembershipProvider doesn't expose
    the configuration to let us disable the account lockout. All the available
    setting on the provider are in the public properties expoesd by the class:

    #SqlMembershipProvider Properties
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8d54517e.aspx

    Also, currently what we can configure on the default provider is enlarge
    the login attempt count or rate through the

    MaxInvalidPasswordAttempts and MaxInvalidPasswordAttempts property.

    Hope this helps.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Community Support