    Joe Gilkey
    Principal Programmer / Analyst
    NAPCO Security Group / Continental Instruments

    Joe Gilkey, Apr 27, 2005

  2. Joe Gilkey

    Brock Allen Guest

    You're the second person to ask this today :)

    By default they have enabled stronger password validation:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/downloads/updates/fw20readme.aspx

    Check out section "3.1.5 ASP.NET Membership Enforces Password Strength Requirements"

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, Apr 27, 2005

  3. Joe Gilkey

    Joe Gilkey Guest

    Brock Allen wrote:

    > You're the second person to ask this today :)
    >
    > By default they have enabled stronger password validation:
    >
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/downloads/updates/fw20readme.as
    > px
    >
    > Check out section "3.1.5 ASP.NET Membership Enforces Password
    > Strength Requirements"
    >
    > -Brock
    > DevelopMentor
    > http://staff.develop.com/ballen
    >

    > > I am trying to create an application using ASP.NET 2.0 which takes
    > > advantage of the new Membership features (I am using Visual Web
    > > Developer Beta 2). I created a default database on SQL Server 2000
    > > using aspnet_regsql -W on my machine. After following the setup
    > > instructions, I am unable to create a new user. I keep getting the
    > > "Please enter a different password." error on the Create User screen
    > > (ASP.NET Web site admin tool). I have tried numerous types of
    > > passwords, but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any ideas?

    Thanks for the help, just one question, what are the possible values
    for "passwordStrengthRegularExpression"?

    Joe Gilkey, Apr 27, 2005
  4. Joe Gilkey

    Brock Allen Guest

    > Thanks for the help, just one question, what are the possible values
    > for "passwordStrengthRegularExpression"?

    Well, since it's not documented yet I can't say with certainty, but I can
    make an educated guess. It's the regular expression that password must match
    to be accepted as a password for the membership provider.

    Brock Allen, Apr 27, 2005