ASP.Net 2.0 Multithreading Problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by insomniac, Apr 27, 2006.

  1. insomniac

    insomniac Guest

    I need some help,

    I've run into an issue with threading my ASP.Net APP once it is
    launched into production.

    Here's the issue:

    The threading works great on my development platform (Windows 2003).
    The threading executes exactly as expected.

    When the project is pushed to production, the exact same server model
    and OS (Windows 2003), IIS fails to spawn the thread for me - and
    therefore the code is never executed.

    I get no errors whatsoever. It appears that in production it simply
    skips over my code that calls the thread:

    Here's an example:
    Dim T As New Thread(AddressOf GenerateOrderOutput)
    T.Start()

    Again - this totally works on my development platform. Any thoughts?
    insomniac, Apr 27, 2006

  2. most likely the new thread is erroring out. you should add logging to it
    (the thread needs to catch its own errors and report them). also your server
    is probably a multiproc box, so for the the first time your threads are
    running at the same time. another issue could be the user the thread is
    running as, it will run as the asp.net service account, not the pool
    account.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Apr 27, 2006

  3. insomniac

    insomniac Guest

    Hi Bruce,

    I did some event logging and did find it is a security issue. I am
    impersonating the admin on this application for various reasons. Would
    this have an effect? I would think that'd let it go through... The
    account I am using has access to multiple domains across the
    enterprise.

    The exact error is:
    EventType clr20r3, P1 w3wp.exe, P2 6.0.3790.1830, P3 42435be1, P4
    mscorlib, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 4333ab80, P7 e3, P8 10, P9
    system.security.security, P10 NIL.
    insomniac, Apr 27, 2006