ASP.NET 2.0 - mysql.data connector complilation error

Mikael Syska

Hi asp.net guru's, i have developped this site in ASP.NET 2.0 in the
2005 web delopment beta1 version from microsoft, the site works fine
local, but when I move it to my IIS 6.0 with ASP.NET 2.0 I get some
errors, http://porse.asp.syska.dk/ I use the mysql connector
http://www.mysql.com/products/connector/net/ how do I make it work on
the IIS 6.0, do I need to register the dll file or something....

hope there are some that can help me, thanks in advance...

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error
file required to service this request. Please review the specific error
details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: File or assembly name 'MySql.Data,
Version=1.0.3.31712, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d',
or one of its dependencies, was not found.

Source Error:

Line 13: Because this affects performance, set this value to
true only during development.
Line 14: -->
Line 15: <compilation debug="true">
Line 16: <assemblies>
Line 17: <add assembly="MySql.Data, Version=1.0.3.31712,
Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=C5687FC88969C44D"/></assemblies></compilation>

Source File: C:\Inetpub\ASP_NET\Porse\web.config Line: 15

Fabio

Mikael said:
Parser Error Message: File or assembly name 'MySql.Data,
Version=1.0.3.31712, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d',
or one of its dependencies, was not found.

Copy the assembly in the bin dir of your web app or install it in the GAC of the
deployment server (see gacutil.exe)

Mikael Syska

Fabio said:
Copy the assembly in the bin dir of your web app or install it in the
GAC of the deployment server (see gacutil.exe)

Hey,

How in the .NET 2.0 framework I have added the assembly, but it still
gives me this error, are there are way that I can raise the debug level
to get more information out so I can see what the problem is?

It really bugs me that I can't get it working other than in VS 2005 were
I'm am developing it..

any one?

kind regards
Mikael Syska

Fabio

Mikael said:
How in the .NET 2.0 framework I have added the assembly, but it still
gives me this error, are there are way that I can raise the debug level
to get more information out so I can see what the problem is?

What do you mean by "raise the debug level"?

Have you tried to install the connector on the deployment server?

Fabio

Mikael said:
Line 13: Because this affects performance, set this value to
true only during development.
Line 14: -->
Line 15: <compilation debug="true">
Line 16: <assemblies>
Line 17: <add assembly="MySql.Data, Version=1.0.3.31712,
Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=C5687FC88969C44D"/></assemblies></compilation>

Is line 17 necessary? I never had to add it to my MySQL apps, but then again
..Net 2.0 could be different (and buggy considering it's still beta?)

Mikael Syska

Fabio said:
Is line 17 necessary? I never had to add it to my MySQL apps, but then
again .Net 2.0 could be different (and buggy considering it's still beta?)
solved it, the installer from www.mysql.com made some nasty errors when
it was installed, removed it from the gac, and just put it in the bin
folder.... thank for the help

// ouT