ASP.NET 2.0: ObjectDatasSource and Web UserControls...

Christian Petersen

Hi,
I've got a WebForm with a GridView, I want to databind this to an
ObjectDataSource (ODS1).
The input parameters for the ODS1 is placed on a Web UserControl, in the
form of public properties that accesses databound DropDownLists. Like this:
<asp:ControlParameter ControlID="WUC1" DefaultValue="0" Name="Id"
PropertyName="SelectedId" Type="Int32" />

The DropDownLists are databound with ObjectDataSources also.

But the GridView on the WebForm is databound before the UserControl, so I'm
getting a FormatException, because the DropDownLists are empty.

Is there a best practice pattern for this if you want to use
ObjectDataSources?

In the olden days (ASP.NET 1.1) I usually databound the DataGrid in the
prerender event, after the UserControls were loaded.

Mvh,
Christian