asp.net 2.0 - problem uploading - .aspx converted to precompiled?

Ranginald

Hi,

I have a very simple web site that I am trying to upload to my web
host.

The files are: default.aspx, default.aspx.cs, a web.config, and two
..jpg files.

When I view the files on my local machine, the default.aspx contains
all of the correct content.
But when I upload the default.aspx file (whether through DW, VSWeb
Express, or standard FTP, file on the server always says "This is a
marker file generated by the precompilation tool, and should not be
deleted!"

Does anyone know why this change is happening?

More details: (that may or may not be contributing)
-----------------
1. I have another web site on that server that uses ASP.NET 2.0.
There is no precompile config file in the root directory, but the root
of the hosting account is / and the / directory has a /appcode
directory that is used for a current working site (see below).

2. It is a shard hosting plan to the above site's virtual directory
(the simple one that isn't working) is www.problemsite.com and it is
set to /problemsite.com as its root. The site that works fine (and
still does work fine) is www.worksfine.com and it is set to
/worksfine.com

Thanks in advance.
-Rangy