ASP.NET 2.0: problems from get go in ASP.NET 2.0

sacred_warrior

I created a website, used the option of local iis, created a virtual
directory and used the personel web site starter template. Didn't change one
line of code. Used ctrl+F5 to run the application boom it has an error:

Server Error in '/testASPv2' Application.
----

Failed to map the path '/testASPv2/App_GlobalResources'.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to map the path
'/testASPv2/App_GlobalResources'.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Failed to map the path
'/testASPv2/App_GlobalResources'.]
System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPathActual(String virtualPath,
Boolean permitNull) +3516225
System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPathInternal(String virtualPath)
+43
System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPath(String virtualPath) +55

System.Web.Compilation.CodeDirectoryCompiler.GetCodeDirectoryAssembly(String
virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet
excludedSubdirectories, Boolean isDirectoryAllowed) +45
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectory(String
virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet
excludedSubdirectories) +110
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +577
System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager
appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory
configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters) +445

[HttpException (0x80004005): Failed to map the path
'/testASPv2/App_GlobalResources'.]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +3427543
System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +85
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +147

----

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50215.44; ASP.NET
Version:2.0.50215.44

can somebody help me with this issue. I have posted messages on codeproject
and asp.net forums but looks like no body has a clue.

and one more thing whenever i use the local path to create a website and run
in VS2005 it works fine. and where does VS2005 stores all the databse
seetings if you choose to use the login and register controls!!!

Hopefully somebody can answer this one!!!

Thanks guys.