Asp.Net 2.0 Profile Strategy. Please, give me your opinion.

Miguel Dias Moura

Hello,

I am saving information about each user in Asp.Net 2.0 profile a using
complex type, i.e., a class.
I am using a SQL 2005 database as the profile provider.

I am also saving the published documents of each user using a
<Serializable()> class.

My objective is to be able to:
A. Display the documents, published by a specific each user, in a
datagrid.
B. Display all the documents from all users in a datagrid.

I see three options to solve problem B:

1. Create a documents table in my database.
This table will have a foreign key to aspnet_Membership UserID
field.
I will use SQL Queries to load data.

2. Save the documents as a <Serializable()> class in each user profile.
To load all the documents I would run a For loop and get the
documents from all users.

3. Save all the documents of all users as a <Serializable()> class in
the same user profile, for example, administrator.
I would include in each document a property named "Username" which
would hold the username of the author.
This way I would be able to get only the documents published by a
user.

To be honest I would prefer to use Asp.Net 2.0 profile instead of option
1.
Option 2 seems the correct one. My doubt is if the loop will take to
much time.

What do you think?

Thank You,
Miguel