Asp.net 2.0 session state confusion

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by dchinn@nwlink.com, Mar 20, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I have a freshly installed test machine, both 1.1 and 2.0 frameworks
    installed, and sql server 2005.

    The application was ported from 1.1 -> 2.0.

    I ran aspnet_regsql wizard with defaults, which creates an aspnetdb in
    sql. The application runs in an IIS vroot that was set up (call it
    "foo"), and I checked to make sure that the asp.net property tap for
    the vroot was using the 2.0 framework.

    When invoking the app, it fails with a sql exception, stating that it
    can't find the 'aspstate' database.

    I change the name of the aspnetdb session database (created above),
    and it tells me... "Unable to use SQL Server because ASP.NET version
    2.0 Session .State is not installed on the SQL server. "

    sessionstate element looks like:

    <sessionState mode="SQLServer"
    sqlConnectionString="data
    source=127.0.0.1;uid=foo;pwd=bar"
    cookieless="false" timeout="120"/>

    user foo is an owner of the state database.

    why is my newly-upgraded-to-asp.net 2.0-application still looking for
    the database whose name is ASPState? I tried configuring the
    'aspnetdb' name into the config file, but it told me that to do so
    would require selecting custom databses in the wizard.

    thanks in advance

    , Mar 20, 2007

  2. Hi

    perhaps you should re-run the
    aspnet_regiis.exe -r
    from
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727

    If my answer helped you please press "Yes" bellow

    Adlai Maschiach
    http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/adlaim/

    =?Utf-8?B?QWRsYWkgTWFzY2hpYWNo?=, Mar 21, 2007