    Thanks.

    - Tom Kiefer
    , Oct 27, 2005

  2. clintonG Guest

    Please check the MSDN Product Feedback Center [1] where these issues have
    been reported. If it has been recorded already Microsoft will have provided
    some type of response. Then return here to let us all know if you found this
    issue reported yet. Right?

    <%= Clinton Gallagher
    NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
    URL http://metromilwaukee.com/

    [1] http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/ProductFeedback/Default.aspx

    clintonG, Oct 27, 2005

    clintonG wrote:
    > Please check the MSDN Product Feedback Center [1] where these issues have
    > been reported...

    Clinton,
    Yes, I am familiar with the MSDN Product Feedback Center (I've found
    and posted issues and suggestions there before), and did find one
    message there that seemed to suggest that URLs with querystrings should
    be usable in sitemap nodes. (Someone was having trouble getting such
    to work, but that was because he wasn't URL-encoding the ampersands
    within the sitemap XML, which isn't the problem we're having now.) But
    nothing else that seemed relevant. Thus, I next posted the question
    here, in case anyone else reading might have had such problems, and
    will likely post in the Product Feedback Center, as well.

    - Tom Kiefer
    , Oct 28, 2005
  4. clintonG Guest

    Well Tom, if you have access to the MSDN Subscriber downloads stay up really
    late tonight and download ASP.NET 2.0 which began shipping to subscribers
    sometime today. That's one way to find out :)

    clintonG, Oct 28, 2005

    clintonG wrote:
    > Well Tom, if you have access to the MSDN Subscriber downloads stay up really
    > late tonight and download ASP.NET 2.0 which began shipping to subscribers
    > sometime today. That's one way to find out :)

    We'll be starting just that sort of testing about a lot of things .NET
    2.0 very shortly. If this one (or any of our other current issues)
    turns out to be just a beta 2 bug, we'll find that out soon enough. Of
    course, that won't mean we'll have it instantly fixed, as migrating
    several in-motion inter-related .NET 2.0 Beta 2 projects all using a
    TFS Beta 2 implementation to usage of the RC/RTM versions is going to
    be a bit less trivial...

    This is going to be... er... fun. :)

    In the meantime, I guess we keep poking at prodding at why our SiteMap
    doesn't like querystrings...

    - Tom Kiefer
    , Oct 28, 2005
  6. "clintonG" <> wrote in message
    > Well Tom, if you have access to the MSDN Subscriber downloads stay up
    > really late tonight and download ASP.NET 2.0 which began shipping to
    > subscribers sometime today. That's one way to find out :)

    Grrrr.!! Do non-"MSDN Subscribers" have to wait until 7th Nov, or will it
    likely be around before?

    Anyone know of VWD will be available then too, or if it's likely to be after
    7th Nov?

    I need to re-format my laptop, and when that ships would be an ideal time to
    do it! :)
    Danny Tuppeny, Oct 28, 2005
  7. re:
    > Grrrr.!! Do non-"MSDN Subscribers" have to wait until 7th Nov, or will it likely be
    > around before?

    The .Net Framework 2.0 redistributable and the .Net Framework 2.0 SDK
    are now publicly available in x86, x64 and IA64 versions :

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...sortCriteria=date&nr=20&DisplayLang=en&type=a

    Juan T. Llibre, ASP.NET MVP
    ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, Oct 28, 2005
  8. "Juan T. Llibre" <> wrote in message
    > re:
    >> Grrrr.!! Do non-"MSDN Subscribers" have to wait until 7th Nov, or will it
    >> likely be around before?

    > The .Net Framework 2.0 redistributable and the .Net Framework 2.0 SDK
    > are now publicly available in x86, x64 and IA64 versions :
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...sortCriteria=date&nr=20&DisplayLang=en&type=a

    Wicked :D

    But will this screw up VWD beta 2? :-\
    Danny Tuppeny, Oct 29, 2005
  9. re:
    > But will this screw up VWD beta 2? :-\

    It certainly will.

    You cannot install Beta 2 and the release version side-by-side.

    You can run 1.1 and any v 2.0 ( including any beta ) side-by-side,
    but there's a restraint which prevents running two v 2 versions concurrently.

    IOW, you'd have to remove Beta 2 before you can install the Release,
    and that will -definitely- "screw up" VWD beta 2.

    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Oct 29, 2005
  10. "Juan T. Llibre" <> wrote in message
    > IOW, you'd have to remove Beta 2 before you can install the Release,
    > and that will -definitely- "screw up" VWD beta 2.

    Bummer :(

    Ah well, guess I'll have to wait to install this then!

    Anyone know if VWD is likely to be available before, on or after Nov 7th?
    It's not a big deal for me, but the person working on a website with me
    wants to help, and I told him he may as well wait till final release rather
    than pollute his machine with betas..! :eek:(
    Danny Tuppeny, Oct 29, 2005
  11. re:
    > Anyone know if VWD is likely to be available before, on or after Nov 7th?

    It's available right now, if you have an MSDN subscription.
    Just go to MSDN Subscriber Downloads.

    If you don't have an MSDN Subscription, the announced launch date is Nov. 7.

    I don't know how long after that your local retailer will have it, though.
    Probably the big online retailers will have it, with relatively short delivery dates.

    Amazon is listing it for only $39.99 :
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000BHQ5UQ/qid=1130599167/
    to be released on November 28.

    Juan T. Llibre, Oct 29, 2005
  12. "Juan T. Llibre" <> wrote in message
    > It's available right now, if you have an MSDN subscription.
    > Just go to MSDN Subscriber Downloads.
    >
    > If you don't have an MSDN Subscription, the announced launch date is Nov.
    > 7.

    Cool :)

    But no, I don't have an MSDN subscription :(
    We have the ActionPack, but that's cheap, and I suspect doesn't mean I can
    get it now :-(

    > I don't know how long after that your local retailer will have it, though.
    > Probably the big online retailers will have it, with relatively short
    > delivery dates.
    >
    > Amazon is listing it for only $39.99 :
    > http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000BHQ5UQ/qid=1130599167/
    > to be released on November 28.

    So I can't just download it from MS on the 7th and pay online? :eek:((
    Danny Tuppeny, Oct 29, 2005