[ASP.Net 2.0] Visio Modeling and SQL 2005

Steve B.

Hi,

I used to modelize my DB with Visio for Enterprise Architect (shipped with
VS 2003) in order to generate the DB and keep nice loooking shemas.

I tried the new SQL Server 2005 and Visio for EA shipped with VS 2005, but I
was not able to modelize for 2005, but only for 2000 (talbes are not rigth
reversed engeenered, updates in the model are not well applied, and so on).

Is there anything I missed ?

Thanks,
Steve

Guest

SQL 2005 and VS 2005 are not completely in sync at the moment, so that may be
part of the problem. MS is pushing away from Visio and towards "domain
specific language" tools that fold into VS 2005. There is no database schema
editor in Team System at this time, but it is a possibility. You can use the
diagram tool to create your schema, but it will actually create the tables as
you design, which may not be the best option. It may also be a bit out of
sync with SQL 2005.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA