ASP.NET 2.0 + VS 2005 running side by side with 1.x and 2003

Mark

We have VS.NET 2003, .NET 1.1, and SQL Server 2000 installed locally on each
of our developer workstations. We will need to keep these tools installed
for maintaining old applications, but intend on developing new applications
using ASP.NET 2.0, VS 2005, and SQL Server 2005. Are there any barriers in
running these products side by side assuming we wait to install the live
versions released in a couple weeks?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Mark

The article you posted was specific to .NET 1.0 and .NET 1.1. Is there any
documentation related to these older versions working with the new? I would
hope and assume that it will work, but wanted to see it in print for
planning purposes.

Thanks again.

Mark

Juan T. Llibre

re:
Are there any barriers in running these products side by side

Barriers ? No. You can run them all side by side.

Buggy stuff ?

The only one I know of is that when you remove SQL Server Express 2005 ,
you lose SQL Server 2000's client tools and must reinstall them, but no
functionality is lost other than that. Reinstalling the client tools fixes that.

See http://www.aspfaq.com/sql2005/show.asp?id=4

I know you can't connect from SQL Server 2000 to SQL 2005,
but you can connect in the opposite direction.

You might want to ask in the SQL Server Beta newsgroups.

Instructions for accessing them are at :
http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/ICP/sqlserver2005/us/welcomePage.htm

Notice that even though the group's names are marked "private", the username
and password are at that public page, so they're really public and not private.

Note : those beta newsgroups will probably disappear when
the products are shipped [ week of Nov. 7, so hurry up... ;-) ]

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?=BF_Mahesh_Kumar?=

Post it in (1) microsoft.public.dotnet.framework - right place for this right question.
also check it in (2) http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/

Even i dont find anything related to new version. I'hve checked in .NET Framework Knowledge Base Articles.

Meanwhile i'll check..

~Mahesh

Juan T. Llibre

Don't waste too much time checking.

ASP.NET 1.1/VS.NET 2003 and ASP.NET 2.0/VS.NET 2005
coexist happily in the same boot partition.

The .net framework 1.1 and vs.net 2003 have to be
installed before installing .net 2.0 and vs.net 2005, though.