Asp.Net 2.0 Web Application Project Inherited Base class?

gabe

Hi,

Is it possible using Web Application Projects with Asp.Net 2.0 Sp1 to
have a partial class code behind inherit from a base class that could
be used for all the pages on a web site?

The site uses a Master page, but there are some tasks I'd prefer to be
done elsewhere. For example there a couple of common controls in the
Master Page that may be used differently by some of the pages. And I'd
like to have common code that can call a service layer for things like
logging user actions to a db without have to repeat it in every page.

Thanks in advance,

Gabe

Mark Rae

Is it possible using Web Application Projects with Asp.Net 2.0 Sp1 to
have a partial class code behind inherit from a base class that could
be used for all the pages on a web site?

Yes absolutely! I do this all the time.

Just create your base class and then change the partial class declaration to
ineherit from it instead of System.Web.UI.Page