ASP.NET 2.0 Web Site Admin error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Les Kinney, Aug 25, 2005.

  1. Les Kinney

    Les Kinney Guest

    I have just upgraded to July CTP of Visual Studio 2005 BETA 2. I am using a
    sqlserver database for provider where I imported the tables from the
    sqlservice provider automatically created in the pre-July CTP. Now when I
    use the admin tool to Create a new user (forms authentication) I get the
    following error:

    An error was encountered. Please return to the previous page and try again.

    The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Exception has been
    thrown by the target of an invocation. at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.
    _InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig,
    MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.
    RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments,
    Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle
    typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj,
    BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo
    culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.
    RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder,
    Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Web.Administration.
    WebAdminMembershipProvider.
    CallWebAdminMembershipProviderHelperMethodOutParams(String methodName,
    Object[] parameters, Type[] paramTypes) at System.Web.Administration.
    WebAdminMembershipProvider.CreateUser(String username, String password,
    String email, String passwordQuestion, String passwordAnswer, Boolean
    isApproved, Object providerUserKey, MembershipCreateStatus& status) at
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.AttemptCreateUser() at System.Web.
    UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnNextButtonClick(WizardNavigationEventArgs
    e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source,
    EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.
    OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.
    Wizard.WizardChildTable.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) at
    System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) at
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) at System.Web.
    UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.
    UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.
    RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.
    RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) at
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint,
    Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

    Any solutions would greatly be appreciated.
    Les Kinney, Aug 25, 2005