ASP.NET 2.0 Web site administration tool error!

Sophia

Hello,
I hope somebody can help me with this, I am getting crazy!
When I click on the security tab on the WSAT page (Website/ASP.NET
configuration) I get the following message:

"There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an
invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can
also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the
button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data
store.
The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Unable to connect
to SQL Server database. "

I have SQL Server 2005 running (Windows authentication)
In VS.NET I can connect to it!
I am logged in with administrator rights
I ran the tool to create the security database.

Please, can anybody help!
Sophia

Sophia

Since I did not yet see an answer to my question, I would like to know,
did anybody see my question? Are you using the security functionality in
ASP.NET 2.0?
Did you succesfully connect to SQLServer 2005?
I am really getting desperate and sure would appreciate some advice. My time
is short and my boss is getting impatiant :)
Thanks,
Sophia.

Joined
Sep 25, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
This did not solve my problems

I am having the same problem. But reading the Microsoft article did not help. My database hoster used the connection string from my web.config and was able to connect. I can also connect to the DB from VWD Express. However, I cannot do it using ASP.NET Configuration...

The problem must be with my machine. Could anyone pls help?