Asp.Net 2.0 Web Site Map (Web.sitemap)

shapper

Hello,

I have 2 questions about Asp.Net 2.0 web.sitemap:

1. Where can I find the list of all siteMapNode attributes?

I looked eveywhere and couldn't find it.

2. I created a Web.sitemap and somehowI am getting an error:

"The element siteMap in the namespace
'http://schemas/microsoft.com/AspNet/SiteMap-File.1.0' has invalid
child element 'siteMapaNode' in namespace
"http://schemas.microsoft.com/AspNet/SiteMap-File.1.0".

My Web.sitemap file is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<siteMap
enableLocalization = "true"
xmlns = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/AspNet/SiteMap-File-1.0" >
<siteMapNode
url = "~/default.aspx"
changefreq = "Daily"
description = ""
priority = "0.5"
resourceKey = "Default"
title = "" />
<siteMapNode
url = "~/collection.aspx"
changefreq = "Daily"
description = ""
priority = "0.5"
resourceKey = "Collection"
title = "" />
</siteMap>

Could someone, please, help me on these two questions?

Thanks,

Miguel

shapper

Sorry,

But I am completly lost on this.
So if I have 3 pages in my web site: default.aspx, collection.aspx and
contacts.aspx how would my Web.sitemap look?

Thanks,
Miguel

shapper

Hi,

VS2005 creates the default Web.sitemap as follows:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<siteMap xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/AspNet/SiteMap-File-1.0" >
<siteMapNode url="" title="" description="">
<siteMapNode url="" title="" description="" />
<siteMapNode url="" title="" description="" />
</siteMapNode>
</siteMap>

Which means there must be a parent siteMapNode.
In most examples I saw this parent is used as default.
But why placing default.aspx as a parent?

Anyway, can and should I leave it empty?

I am getting the error because I am using:

<siteMap xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/AspNet/SiteMap-File-1.0" >
<siteMapNode url="" title="" description="" />
<siteMapNode url="" title="" description="" />
</siteMap>

Thanks,

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

You can leave the parent siteMapNode's default attribute empty if you want,
but the parent siteMapNode must be present in order for it to be a valid
site map file. That's why you're getting the error.