asp.net 2.0: Webcontrols in Library

news.microsoft.com

Hello

I just want to re-use some of my webcontrols (*.ascx) as library. When I add
those to the library, they are automaticly splitted up into two files (as it
is also in the web-project), but there is no relation between those files.

What now happens, in ASP.NET 2.0, when I just add a label, e.g. <asp:label
id=test runat=server/> in the ascx.cs file, I directly can access the label
without defining it (as it was necessary in the 1.1). When I take that over
to the library, it just says,

"The name "test" does not exist in the current context" ... is there a way
to tell the compiler to check the ascx file in some way??

Thnx Patrick

Patrick

Steve, thanks for your reply. So in that case I see, I have to rewrite my
controls, what wouldn't be a funny job, but seems to be the one and only
solution

Thanks