ASP.Net 2.0: where do you keep login data ?

Jarod

Hey
I will be creating asp.net 2.0 application and I need to create whole
database stuff... But I have to use SQL S2000 not 05. So first question do
you use default provider ( AspNetSqlProvider or something like this in a
real world applications ? )? What's best approach to keep user data I need
to have a lot of data from users because I will need their names, phones,
photos, some doc-files and so on. And up to know I kept it in one big table
User. But now I can have a fresh start but what's best approach one big
table seems ok for me because all this data are in one place. This default
provider creates some tables for me, but don't ask about anything so... What
would you suggest in my scenario ?
Jarod

clintonG

Yes, use the default provider. Run aspnet_regsql on the database and the
Membership tables will be created. These tables are used by the new 2.0
controls. You can then use 2.0 Profiles defined in the web.config or build
your own tables for unique properties such as phone numbers and so on by
using a key to relate to the aspnet_Users table.

Using Profiles is a trade-off as the data is not normalized and AFIK is
retrieved every time a member logs in whether the data is needed or not but
I have yet to learn if this can or can not be avoided.

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
URL http://metromilwaukee.com/

intrader

Hey
I will be creating asp.net 2.0 application and I need to create whole
database stuff... But I have to use SQL S2000 not 05. So first question do
you use default provider ( AspNetSqlProvider or something like this in a
real world applications ? )? What's best approach to keep user data I need
to have a lot of data from users because I will need their names, phones,
photos, some doc-files and so on. And up to know I kept it in one big table
User. But now I can have a fresh start but what's best approach one big
table seems ok for me because all this data are in one place. This default
provider creates some tables for me, but don't ask about anything so... What
would you suggest in my scenario ?
Jarod
I recommend that you look into Application Blocks.
One Application Block pertaining to security, passwords, etc. is

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/security1.asp