Asp.net 2.0

barry

I have just installed Visual Studio 2005 and would like to know if you are
suppose to be able to execute asp.net from within VS or do you have to use
Visual Web Developer.
I do not find any templates in VS to create a web site.

thanks

barry

Thanks Juan, but I want to be able to create a website using asp.net like it
was in vs 2003. You went into the new project and clicked on the asp.net web
application template. Is there a new way of doing this?

thanks

Juan T. Llibre

There's no more "Applications" in VS 2005.
There's only Projects and Websites.

To get a new, templated, website, go to the "File" menu, and select "New Web Site".
That will open to the equivalent template dialog in VS 2003.

You can add as many templates as you want to,
or customize the standard template VS 2005 offers.

barry

Thanks, Juan but I only find under File - New Projects... - I do not find
New Web Sites

thanks

barry

Here is an what appears on the "about" dialog box (it will not let me send
the image it says it is two big)

Visual Studio 2005
Tools for the Microsoft Office System

Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) Version 2.0.50727

Could it have anything to do with this being VSTO 2005?

barry

The problem was that I did not select the Web development on the setup.

Thanks for all you time

Juan T. Llibre

Visual Studio 2005 Tools let you build Smart Client
solutions for the Microsoft Office System.

The Internet is not a Microsoft Office System application.
VSTO isn't a valid IDE for developing web apps.