    Visual Web Developer.
    I do not find any templates in VS to create a web site.

    thanks

    barry, Mar 11, 2006

  2. re:
    > I do not find any templates in VS to create a web site.

    There's 11 Starter Kits for VS 2005 at :

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/downloads/starterkits/

    Have fun checking them out...

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Mar 12, 2006

  3. barry

    barry Guest

    Thanks Juan, but I want to be able to create a website using asp.net like it
    was in vs 2003. You went into the new project and clicked on the asp.net web
    application template. Is there a new way of doing this?

    thanks

    barry, Mar 12, 2006
  4. There's no more "Applications" in VS 2005.
    There's only Projects and Websites.

    To get a new, templated, website, go to the "File" menu, and select "New Web Site".
    That will open to the equivalent template dialog in VS 2003.

    You can add as many templates as you want to,
    or customize the standard template VS 2005 offers.

    Juan T. Llibre, Mar 12, 2006
  5. barry

    barry Guest

    Thanks, Juan but I only find under File - New Projects... - I do not find
    New Web Sites

    barry, Mar 12, 2006
  6. That's strange.

    See what Anand sees (writer for the ASPAlliance) :

    http://aspalliance.com/695

    Now, see what Thiru sees :
    http://www.developer.com/net/asp/article.php/3450901

    Now, see what the aspdeveloper.net tutorial sees :
    http://www.aspdeveloper.net/tiki-print.php?page=TutorialVisualStudio2005Beginner200512

    Are you sure you're using the release version of VS 2005 ?

    Could you look at what the "Help", "About Microsoft Visual Studio" dialog says ?

    Juan T. Llibre, Mar 12, 2006
  7. barry

    barry Guest

    Here is an what appears on the "about" dialog box (it will not let me send
    the image it says it is two big)

    Visual Studio 2005
    Tools for the Microsoft Office System

    Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Microsoft .NET Framework
    Version 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) Version 2.0.50727

    Could it have anything to do with this being VSTO 2005?

    barry, Mar 13, 2006
  8. barry

    barry Guest

    The problem was that I did not select the Web development on the setup.

    Thanks for all you time

    barry, Mar 13, 2006
  9. Visual Studio 2005 Tools let you build Smart Client
    solutions for the Microsoft Office System.

    The Internet is not a Microsoft Office System application.
    VSTO isn't a valid IDE for developing web apps.

    Juan T. Llibre, Mar 13, 2006