    mean?

    Thanks,
    Lou
    Lou Civitella, Mar 13, 2006

  2. If you have a web site running ASP.Net 1.1 on the same server, you need to
    use a second Application Domain for Asp.Net 2.0.

    Michel de Becdelièvre, Mar 13, 2006

  3. ASP 1.1 is not installed. Any other suggestions?

    Lou Civitella, Mar 14, 2006
  4. Given that you're using aspnet_wp.exe , you're either using IIS 5 or IIS 5.1.

    Which one is it ? ( which OS are you using ? )

    re:
    > Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created. Error: 0x80070005 Access is
    > denied.

    Check the Required Access Control Lists (ACLs) permissions for your ASP.NET account.

    If you are impersonating, the account doing the impersonating needs the ACLs permissions.

    If you are not impersonating, the default ASP.NET account
    ( probably machinename\ASPNET ) needs permissions.

    See http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/kwzs111e.aspx
    for a list of ASP.NET 2.0 directories and the permissions the ASP.NET account requires.

    Review this checklist :
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/paght000009.asp
    If you wish to run ASP.NET with a custom service account.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Mar 14, 2006
  5. The OS is Windows 2000 Server running IIS 5.1.

    Thanks,
    Lou

    Lou Civitella, Mar 14, 2006
  6. Actually, Windows 2000 Server runs IIS 5.0, not IIS 5.1.
    Windows XP runs IIS 5.1.

    Just follow the directions in the links I sent you, and let us know how you did.

    OK ?

    > The OS is Windows 2000 Server running IIS 5.1.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Lou

    > "Juan T. Llibre" <> wrote in message
    >> Given that you're using aspnet_wp.exe , you're either using IIS 5 or IIS 5.1.
    >>
    >> Which one is it ? ( which OS are you using ? )
    >>
    >> re:
    >>> Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created. Error: 0x80070005 Access
    >>> is denied.

    >> Check the Required Access Control Lists (ACLs) permissions for your ASP.NET account.
    >>
    >> If you are impersonating, the account doing the impersonating needs the ACLs permissions.
    >>
    >> If you are not impersonating, the default ASP.NET account
    >> ( probably machinename\ASPNET ) needs permissions.
    >>
    >> See http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/kwzs111e.aspx
    >> for a list of ASP.NET 2.0 directories and the permissions the ASP.NET account requires.
    >>
    >> Review this checklist :
    >> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/paght000009.asp
    >> If you wish to run ASP.NET with a custom service account.
    >>

    >> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    >> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    >> ===================================
    >> "Lou Civitella" <> wrote in message
    >>>I am trying to run a local web site on a clients computer. Created the new web site in IIS and
    >>>set the ASP .Net version to 2.0. When I try to access the web site using http://localhost:9999 I
    >>>get a web page with this on it.
    >>> 'Server Application Unavailable'
    >>>
    >>> I looked at the event log and these are the two errors that it created.
    >>> Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created. Error: 0x80070005 Access
    >>> is denied.
    >>>
    >>> aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 2728) stopped unexpectedly.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas on how to get the site running correctly? What do these messages mean?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Lou

    Juan T. Llibre, Mar 14, 2006