    that are useful and time savings.

    Thanks,
    jeff
    Jeff Jarrell, May 24, 2006

  2. Jeff Jarrell

    sloan Guest

    I've flirted with that idea myself.

    I think its a good idea to implment your own version of the abstract class.

    Make sure its a true business layer object, and then you're safe for the
    winforms and web.

    I think the biggest reason its "linked" to asp.net .. is that the built in
    implmentation that microsoft provides, .... includes the web gui to add
    users/roles.

    This was all for "Rapid Development" in 2.0.

    "Jeff Jarrell" <> wrote in message
    > I have an application that is mostly client-server but also will have web
    > modules as well.
    >
    > I need the whole authentication, roles, etc. Pretty much exactly what the
    > asp.net 2.0 sql membership provider, provides.
    >
    > Is it a reasonable concept to take the asp.net concept and bolt it onto

    the
    > client server apps? granted, there is no gui for the client server parts,
    > but that is ok. There is still the authentication and passwords and

    things

    sloan, May 24, 2006

  3. Jeff Jarrell

    PeterKellner Guest

    On Tue, 23 May 2006 22:45:27 -0400, "Jeff Jarrell"
    <> wrote:

    >I have an application that is mostly client-server but also will have web
    >modules as well.
    >
    >I need the whole authentication, roles, etc. Pretty much exactly what the
    >asp.net 2.0 sql membership provider, provides.
    >
    >Is it a reasonable concept to take the asp.net concept and bolt it onto the
    >client server apps? granted, there is no gui for the client server parts,
    >but that is ok. There is still the authentication and passwords and things
    >that are useful and time savings.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >jeff

    Take a look at what Juval has done with web services to make this
    happen.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/05/04/Security/
    Peter Kellner
    http://peterkellner.net
    PeterKellner, May 24, 2006
  4. Jeff Jarrell

    Jeff Jarrell Guest

    Ok, i will give it a read and see where it goes.

    thanks,
    jeff

    Jeff Jarrell, May 25, 2006