    --
    Vincent Courcelle
    http://www.tubededentifrice.com et http://www.france-jeunes.net
    Vincent Courcelle, May 4, 2006

  2. if your hoster is not running XSP2 from mono you can't use asp.net 2 code.
    I dont expect they will be as the work for it is not yet completed, so
    you'll only get a partial implementation of asp.net v2 anyway until its
    completed.

    --
    Regards

    John Timney
    Microsoft MVP

    John Timney \( MVP \), May 4, 2006

  3. John Timney ( MVP ) a écrit :
    > if your hoster is not running XSP2 from mono you can't use asp.net 2 code.
    > I dont expect they will be as the work for it is not yet completed, so
    > you'll only get a partial implementation of asp.net v2 anyway until its
    > completed.

    In fact this is for dedicated hosting, but the hoster only propose linux
    boxes.
    I would mostly have a return on Mono performances and/or experiment, I
    looked for this but I didn't find anything good on search engines
    I can't believe that nobody is running ASP.NET apps under mono !

    Vincent Courcelle, May 4, 2006
  4. There will be hundreds of apps under mono, but likely very few running
    asp.net version 2

    A few who have bothered tro lsit at Mono can be found here:
    http://www.mono-project.com/Companies_Using_Mono

    Also, wikepedia - one of the biggest DB systems uses Mono (probably via
    Mod_mono), so it has to be fast.

    John Timney \( MVP \), May 5, 2006
  5. John Timney ( MVP ) a écrit :
    > There will be hundreds of apps under mono, but likely very few running
    > asp.net version 2
    >
    > A few who have bothered tro lsit at Mono can be found here:
    > http://www.mono-project.com/Companies_Using_Mono
    >
    > Also, wikepedia - one of the biggest DB systems uses Mono (probably via
    > Mod_mono), so it has to be fast.

    well, fine :)
    I think I will try to install it on virtual pc to try my appz.
    thanks for all :)

    Vincent Courcelle, May 5, 2006