ASP.NET 2005 Solution Problem

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by mkd1919, Feb 2, 2006.

  1. mkd1919

    mkd1919 Guest

    I'm developing a web service that will eventually be sent to other like
    organizations to communicate for a particular application. After a few
    weeks, I decided it would be better to split of the web service and custome
    code from the required code. In doing so, I created a class project.

    This left me with a new solution of a web site and a class. I had
    previously created the class seperately and added it to sourcesafe. I then
    added the class to the web service project, which is where the solution was
    created.

    Two problems with this and sourcesafe. 1) If I add the solution and web
    service to sourcesafe, the next time I open the solution from sourcesafe, the
    web service no longer functions properly. It seems you can't add any
    references to it and some that were there can no longer be read. 2) If I add
    just the website, that works, but the next time you want to open the solution
    and change part of the class and redeploy, the class does not exist, needs to
    be readded, updated, etc... which is not correct.

    Can anyone decipher this problem? What is the correct method to build this
    type of solution and how to add it to sourcesafe? Are there any documents
    out there discussing best practices in storing, creating, etc... in
    sourcesafe?
    mkd1919, Feb 2, 2006

  2. There was no way for you to know it, but this is a classic asp newsgroup.
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet, or, in this case, one of the vsnet
    groups.

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Feb 2, 2006