ASP.NET access permission

James Wong

Hi everybody,

I have a web services application running on Windows 2000 Server. In order
to create sub-folders and write files by the application, I grant the user
ASP.NET having full control on my application folder. It works fine without
any problem.

However, when I install the same application in another server running
Windows 2003, do the same thing to grant full control for user ASP.NET on
application foler, it fails to create sub-folder and write files.

Somebody told me that since the difference of IIS version between Server
2000 and 2003, the way to grant access permission for user ASP.NET is not
exactly the same. But he has no idea how I can solve the problem.

Do you have any advice on my issue? Thanks in advance!

Regards,
James Wong

Alex Meleta

Hi James,

Try to grant permissions to the "NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE" (Basicaly,
"ASPNET" on IIS5.0 and "NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE" on IIS 6.0)

Regards, Alex Meleta
mailto:[email protected]; blog:devkids.blogspot.com