ASP.NET access permission

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by James Wong, Jul 14, 2008.

  1. James Wong

    James Wong Guest

    Hi everybody,

    I have a web services application running on Windows 2000 Server. In order
    to create sub-folders and write files by the application, I grant the user
    ASP.NET having full control on my application folder. It works fine without
    any problem.

    However, when I install the same application in another server running
    Windows 2003, do the same thing to grant full control for user ASP.NET on
    application foler, it fails to create sub-folder and write files.

    Somebody told me that since the difference of IIS version between Server
    2000 and 2003, the way to grant access permission for user ASP.NET is not
    exactly the same. But he has no idea how I can solve the problem.

    Do you have any advice on my issue? Thanks in advance!

    Regards,
    James Wong

    James Wong, Jul 14, 2008

  2. James Wong

    Alex Meleta Guest

    Hi James,

    Try to grant permissions to the "NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE" (Basicaly,
    "ASPNET" on IIS5.0 and "NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE" on IIS 6.0)

    Regards, Alex Meleta
    mailto:; blog:devkids.blogspot.com

    Alex Meleta, Jul 14, 2008

  3. James Wong