ASP .Net AccessDataSource

Ricardo Furtado

I use a dataGrid connected to an AccessDataSource control. When i use the
database without password, everything works well. When i use a password on
the MS Access database, when i'm configuring the AccessDataSource i click on
the "save database password", but when i'm testing the web site an error
message is shown saying "Not a valid password". But the password is correct
because i told, for several times to "save the database password", and used
the "show query results" with that password, for testing. I'm guessing the
AccessDataSource is not saving the password. Can anyone help me on this,
please?

Bob Barrows

Ricardo said:
I use a dataGrid connected to an AccessDataSource control. When i use
the database without password, everything works well. When i use a
password on the MS Access database, when i'm configuring the
AccessDataSource i click on the "save database password", but when
i'm testing the web site an error message is shown saying "Not a
valid password". But the password is correct because i told, for
several times to "save the database password", and used the "show
query results" with that password, for testing. I'm guessing the
AccessDataSource is not saving the password. Can anyone help me on
this, please?

***canned wrong-newsgroup reply************************
recommended practice) , but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
ASP.Net bears very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be
lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your
question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a
group where those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest