ASP.Net / AJAX - silly question perhaps

Rob Meade

Hi,

Up until now I've been developing purely on my local PC, I have AJAX 1.0
installed, and .Net 2.0 - I've just published a project across to the server
and its failing, its highlighted the following:

sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions"
type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup,
System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">

Now, I have a feeling that the 1.0.61025.0 number was that of AJAX.Net? If
so, this would suggest that I need to also install this on the server - is
that correct? I had I guess assumed that the AJAX extensions were not
needed on the server, although my own PC had been acting as one.

If anyone could clarify this for me I would be grateful.

Regards

Rob

Mark Fitzpatrick

Make sure you publish the System.Web.Extensions dll file to your bin file.
It should be located under Program Files/Microsoft ASP.Net/ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX
Extensions/v1.0.61025

Rob Meade

Make sure you publish the System.Web.Extensions dll file to your bin file.
It should be located under Program Files/Microsoft ASP.Net/ASP.NET 2.0
AJAX Extensions/v1.0.61025

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

So that would be having the .dll locally within the project etc? If I
installed the AJAX extensions actually on the server will this work too?
(turns out I dont have .Net 2.0 installed on the server either which I'll
need to do)..

Regards

Rob

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

It should, as the MSI puts it in the GAC. I only have one app in productionn
with AJAX (from a vendor) so I am not 100% sure. Will have to test that
method.