ASP.Net / AJAX - silly question perhaps

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Rob Meade, Jul 24, 2007.

  1. Rob Meade

    Rob Meade Guest

    Hi,

    Up until now I've been developing purely on my local PC, I have AJAX 1.0
    installed, and .Net 2.0 - I've just published a project across to the server
    and its failing, its highlighted the following:

    sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions"
    type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup,
    System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">

    Now, I have a feeling that the 1.0.61025.0 number was that of AJAX.Net? If
    so, this would suggest that I need to also install this on the server - is
    that correct? I had I guess assumed that the AJAX extensions were not
    needed on the server, although my own PC had been acting as one.

    If anyone could clarify this for me I would be grateful.

    Regards

    Rob

    Rob Meade, Jul 24, 2007

  2. Make sure you publish the System.Web.Extensions dll file to your bin file.
    It should be located under Program Files/Microsoft ASP.Net/ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX
    Extensions/v1.0.61025

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Jul 24, 2007

  3. Rob Meade

    Rob Meade Guest

    "Mark Fitzpatrick" wrote...

    > Make sure you publish the System.Web.Extensions dll file to your bin file.
    > It should be located under Program Files/Microsoft ASP.Net/ASP.NET 2.0
    > AJAX Extensions/v1.0.61025

    Hi Mark,

    Thanks for your reply.

    So that would be having the .dll locally within the project etc? If I
    installed the AJAX extensions actually on the server will this work too?
    (turns out I dont have .Net 2.0 installed on the server either which I'll
    need to do)..

    Regards

    Rob

    Rob Meade, Jul 24, 2007
  4. It should, as the MSI puts it in the GAC. I only have one app in productionn
    with AJAX (from a vendor) so I am not 100% sure. Will have to test that
    method.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think outside the box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Jul 24, 2007